It’s May again and time for more MapRun Mayhem
After the success of the Mount Rogers and Queanbeyan/Jerrabombera virtual rogaines, it’s time for the Ainslie Majura 4 hour virtual rogaine.
This rogaine uses MapRun software to record your visits to the controls. Here’s what you need to know:
- This virtual event uses electronic punching with the MapRun6 or MapRunF app on your phone. MapRun6 is the latest version, but if you have MapRunF from previous events, you can use that. If you have a compatible GPS watch, you can also use MapRunG on that.
- You’ll need to download the app and the course. Instructions are available in the Event Info link below.
- The course will be open from 21 May to 14 June 2021. You can run at any time during that period.
- There is no set map preparation time. You can prepare your route at home, then go to the start and set off when you’re ready.
- You can print your own map, or pick up a waterproof map from Paddy Pallin in Lonsdale Street from the start of the event.
- There are no control flags on the course, no hash house, no food, no first aid, and no entry fee.