Subscribe to e-mail bulletins

Receive HTML?
Code: catchme refresh

feed-image Feed Entries
Home News Items
News items
September night/day events entries are now open Print E-mail

Ferny_forest.jpgThe September night/day event entries are now open! The events are just three weekends away, so enter soon here. Lower entry fees apply until Sunday 18 September.

Not one event, but two! First, the night event, 6-11 pm on the Saturday night 24 September, then the day event 9.30-3.30 on the Sunday 25 September. And you can participate in both events for the cost of entering just one event.

The course is varied and includes a mixture of native forest and pine plantation. The native forest is very beautiful in areas with lush undergrowth and rocky outcrops. There are also loads of wombat holes. Elevation varies from around 900m to 1400m, with some spectacular views. There are many fire roads and motor bike tracks which can help travel significantly, especially in areas of thicker vegetation or when navigating at night.

Note this is only a foot event (i.e. there is no cycling category).

Last Updated on Sunday, 06 November 2016 18:56
2016 Australasian Rogaining Championships Print E-mail

ARC2016 courseThe Australasian Championships for 2016 is on 17-18 September, hosted by the Western Australian Rogaining Association. The event location is Nannup, 3.5 hours south from Perth, very close to the Margaret River wine region, and also the Bibbulmun, Cape to Cape and Munda Biddi tracks. It's also peak wildflower season in this biodiversity hotspot.

On offer is a course with a wide range of terrain. About 60% of the map is forest including recently cleared pine plantation, old growth pine plantation and long ago logged Karri and Jarrah forest. The remaining 40% of the map is farmland: a mixture of sparsely vegetated paddocks and blue gum plantation.

Event Coordinator is Warren Smith, course setters are Jeff Conrades and Ian Thomsett with vetters Bryan McClintock, Geoff Hearne. The event website is: ARC 2016.

Last Updated on Sunday, 06 November 2016 18:55
Biggest rogaine ever! Print E-mail

2016 winter rogaine at TidbinbillaClose to 300 people participated each day on Saturday and Sunday at this years winter 4 hour - ACTRA's biggest rogaine ever! The fabulous weather helped create a great day for everyone. In the ANU event on Saturday, David Baldwin, Eoin Farrell and Brad Vallette won with a convincing 950 points. On Sunday, Craig Cowan and Paul Imhoff won the day with 930 points. There were some great results from the younger members with Zoe Cuthbert and Lorien Allen winning the junior category with 450 points. Ella Cuthbert brought home her Dad, Paul to come in with 740 points, 3rd in the mixed open. With 580 points, Jessica Robson, Lee and Clare Rice (plus pram) took out the family category. This event was generously supported by the ACT government aiming at encouraging our younger members so it was fabulous to see 27 family teams out on the course. 

Thanks to everyone who made it happen, Glenn Bridgart for setting the course, vetters Jonathan Miller, Jean Douglass and Ron Simpson. Also to our ACTRA volunteers without whom the event couldn't have happened. Thanks to to all our helpers over the weekend from the ANU, particularly Jackson Bursill who coordinated the students. 

Last Updated on Monday, 15 August 2016 09:21
Helpers needed this Sunday 14th August Print E-mail

We've been flooded with entries and need a bit of extra help. We need 3 people to help out with initial admin from 7:30 to 9am Sunday 14th August for the winter 4 hour at Tidbinbilla. Please contact Claire if you can 0434 169022 or This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Last Updated on Sunday, 14 August 2016 18:26
« StartPrev12345678910NextEnd »

Page 8 of 25
Joomla SEO by AceSEF

Powered by Joomla!. Valid XHTML and CSS.