Saturday 12th September 2009 6pm-11pm
The track network in this area makes it very suitable for novices wishing to develop their night navigation skills while still providing plenty of challenges for more experienced competitors aiming to clear the course.
This event will feature a specially prepared 1:25,000 map which will allow easy reading of contours in the dark. Following the event, the Hartley crew will supply their usual tasty food.
- Bonus points for anyone entering their first rogaine.
- Certificates for the winning team in each category.
- Prizes for mystery scores and times.
Inexpensive Torches for those getting started
It is easy to spend $200+ on a new Luxeon Led head torch (see Silva website etc). However, a much cheaper option when you're starting out is the following combination:
- An inexpensive 3 Led head torch (buy at a camping store, Dick Smith or eBay) for map reading and to illuminate the ground at your feet for walking.
- A 3 or 5 Watt Luxeon torch from eBay. There are many available with all-aluminium construction and typically powered by 3xAAA batteries. They cost only about $20 - $25 delivered (often out of Hong Kong). Our experience is that they provide a superb light for spotting features at 50m or more. They are a little limited in terms of battery life but provided they are used judiciously, they will probably last 3 hours or so. Just carry one or two sets of spare batteries for longer night events. One model we have used is the Cree Q4 (200 Lumens).
A more detailed discussion about the pro's and con's of head torches can be found at http://rogaine.asn.au/Discussion/3-The-best-rogaining-headtorch.html
We hope this helps.
The Nightgaine Team.
- Results, Routes and Splits from Navlight
- Overall Results (places and scores)
- Results by each category
- No photos are available
- Add your own report or story
- Email your photos to the ACTRA Publicity Officer. Please note that in emailing event photos to ACTRA, you are giving permission to ACTRA to publish the photos on the website or Facebook page. You will be acknowledged as the photographer.
|Coordinator||Setters/Vetters||Admin||General Help||Catering||Control Collection|
|Claire Edwards|| Doug Collier
| Doug Collier
|Not Known||Hartley Lifecare|| Ian Booth