|8 hour /
starting Saturday 17 May 2008 at 12 noon
This year's ACT Championships is located less than an hour's drive east of Canberra in the Tallaganda National Park. Come and 'take a gander at Tallaganda'.
The area is mostly native forest, with a diversity of terrain from lovely open ferny gullies to more challenging granite boulder country. The course is crossed by an old convict built road, several fire trails, wallaby tracks and lots of lyre bird mounds. Relief ranges from 800m to 1,200m with 1,264m Mt Palerang dominating the landscape.
The course will not be fast, but nor is it super difficult. The setters have avoided the worse that Tallaganda can offer for those familiar with the area.
The area for parking is limited so please consider car sharing with other teams - as well as saving greenhouse gases and petrol costs. If you need a lift to the event, you can use the 'carpool finding' site. Camping at the Hash House will be available at no cost.
Access to the HH site might be a challenge for very low slung two wheel drive cars, in which case alternate camping is available approx 800m from HH.
- Results, Routes and Splits from Navlight
- Overall Results (places and scores)
- Results by each category
- No photos are available
- Stories and Reports
- "High in Rogaining" posted 23rd May 2008 by Philip Whitten
- "Lost and found" posted 28th May 2008 by Jean Douglass
- Add your own report or story
- Email your photos to the ACTRA Publicity Officer. Please note that in emailing event photos to ACTRA, you are giving permission to ACTRA to publish the photos on the website or Facebook page. You will be acknowledged as the photographer.
|Coordinator||Setters/Vetters||Admin||General Help||Catering||Control Collection|
|Keith Conley|| Ron Simpson
| Jean Douglass
| Adam Leane
|Aranda Venture Scouts|| Kathy Saw